CLOSED: Job Opportunity - Finance/Accounts Management Officer « Jobs « Downloads
|Date posted||February 3, 2014|
Uganda National Health Users’/Consumers’ Organisation (UNHCO) is a local non-profit making civil society organization, established in July 1999 as a formal voice for all consumers of health services in Uganda. Its goal is to improve the quality of life of all people in Uganda through a rights-based approach. UNHCO is the secretariat of Voices for Health Rights (VHR) coalition that implements the Maternal Health Project (MHP) in eight districts. The project is funded by Swedish Government.
UNHCO seeks to recruit a Finance officer to provide support in Finance/Accounts Management.
Job title: Finance/Accounts Management officer
Employment type: Short term (Eight month) Contract
Country: Uganda City / Location: Kampala
• Must possess a degree in accounting/management/business administration; A master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration is of added advantage.
• Chartered Accountant certification or equivalent relevant education.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience, preferably in an NGO,
• Professional financial management background,
• Demonstrated IT skills, knowledge of QuickBooks.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
• Good Knowledge of working with partners/Sub-grantees.
• Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads.
• Good leadership and Management skills in Finance and Administration.
Contact/How to apply:
Suitable candidates should forward their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcripts with contacts of three professional referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the position on the email or Address to The Administrator and Hand deliver to our office Located on Plot 91 P.O.Box 700095.Kampala. Bukoto Street Kamwokya.
Deadline for receiving applications is 14th/ February/2014.
Accountants Job Description
Overall: To ensure that financial controls are well maintained in an efficient and accurate manner
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the financial and accounting activities
• Establish and maintain internal control systems for receipt and expenditure of funds, guidelines, procedures and cash flows.
• Establishing an effective financial management system to support transparent and accountable resources management to ensure prudent use of the financial and physical resources of the project.
• Continuously support the system for collecting and tracking grantee reports.
• Process and code expenditure and internal recoveries in accordance with approved work plans and budgets.
• Responsible for working with VHR member organizations to revise and finalize work plans and budgets and ensure strict timely compliance to financial guidelines.
• Establishing and maintaining a sound financial management system.
• Provide capacity building and operational support to partner to effectively manage project funds
• Advice the project management on financial matters related to the project.
• Ensure that all project financial transactions adhere to internal policies and funding contracts
• Generate and ensure timely submission of reports and other financial requests to the donor.
• Take responsibility to ensuring that the project financial details are integrated in the main UNHCO financial system.
• Manage Audit exercise.
• Routinely monitor financial expenditures and advice management in time. Ensure adherence to the funding contract by SIDA and the implementing partner agreements