Survey to establish General Level of Awareness about Patients' Rights « Surveys « Downloads
|Date posted||December 2, 2010|
|Tags||rights, patient, patients, uganda health, unhco|
The survey was carried out in Kampala, Luweero Town Council and Bushenyi Town Council in May 2002. 450 patients were interviewed at 18 different health units immediately after receiving treatment. The main objective of the Baseline Survey was to examine whether patients’ rights are being respected.
It is hoped that the results presented in this report can become a useful tool in the implementation actions to empower patients and improve the quality of health care in Uganda.
The Ten Patients’ Rights
1. The right to individual respect
2. The right to equal treatment
3. The right to optimum treatment
4. The right to know
5. The right to self determination
6. The right to privacy
7. The right to participation and representation
8. The right to redress
9. The right to die in dignity
10. The right to moral and spiritual comfort